http://picasaweb.google.com/Aubreyslye/HarrisonWeekFour#
(the projectile poop pics are graphic, so beware!)
Wow! I feel like Harrison should be turning two! I guess when you spend so much time with just one person, you feel like you've known them forever. Yep, 24/7 with my little man and I'm more in love than ever.
At one month, Harrison is weighing a little more than 9 lbs. and looks like he's grown an inch or so... he's outgrown his newborn clothes, and has a defined double chin now. With most babies, this will obviously go away when they hit a certain age, but I'm afraid with Harrison that it's here to stay - the Smith genes have proven their domination in this child! :)
What a week! Mom came into town Wednesday and was supposed to leave Sunday morning, but I begged her to stay just one more night, changed her flight, and took her to the airport just yesterday! I'm not sure if I would have made it through my days without her. With the help of our awesome pediatrician and a lactation consultant, David and I finally pinpointed the "colic" issue and we've been working very hard to correct it for both our sanity and his health! Bottom line is that Harrison wasn't getting enough food at night b/c my milk supply was so low by that point. Yes, I felt like a horrible mother for "starving" him, but he gained 10 ounces in a week to make up for it thank goodness! Unfortunately, I might not have the supply that a baby needs, but we're doing what we can (I'm pooped!) and will supplement in the future when we have to. Harrison is a lot happier with a top-off from pumped milk, that's for sure! The poor guy has been through a lot of trial and error this week, but at least his tummy has been full for the most part! :) (NOTE if you are pregnant - have a lactation consultant come to your house when you get home from the hospital - they are SO helpful and I wish I would have done it sooner.)
I'm looking forward to month 2 - I'm hoping to really get into a routine and eventually get him sleeping in his crib and out of our bedroom. I don't know - maybe that would be worse... I'm not sure I'll be able to do it... at least now I can just lean over and feel if he's still breathing! I guess it's true that every mother does this with their newborn! We're also looking forward to being less house bound by the end of the month - David and I are really ready to hit up our favorite restaurants again! And, we're headed to GA for Thanksgiving - I'll be staying a week and a half - and cannot wait! So much has changed in our lives this month and I look forward to seeing what this month two has to offer!
I HATED posing for these pictures for my Grandma, but at least my acne is clearing up!
Harrison welcomed Grandma with a projectile poop - 3 feet across the changing table onto the floor and all down his back, and legs! He was about to get his bum washed here!
When Harrison is red in the face, he's usually pooping. Here, he is pooping while doing his best Austin Powers pose.
No comments:
Post a Comment