Everyday, I did a little bit to get ready for my girlfriend's Couples' Shower that was held at my house. It was more of a cocktail party, so I spent the week polishing silver, washing 60 wine glasses and plates, ironing linen tablecloths, etc. Then, on Saturday the big haul happened - it is truly amazing how my home had turned into one big "play room!" Baby stuff was EVERYWHERE! But, by 7pm that evening I transformed the downstairs into a baby-free environment - no signs of Harrison besides the umpteen pictures I had in frames everywhere!!!
Okay, I must admit my lowest point of the party was Sunday morning when we were cleaning up. David and I were collecting the bajillion votives I had strategically placed around the house for that intimate, romantic feel. Well, take a look at the votive on the mantel below our flat screen in the picture below. Now look up to the edge of the flatscreen. YEP! That's a HOLE! The votive BURNED our flatscreen! HEEE HAW! We are just SICK! But, life goes on and we learn lessons along the way, right??!!!!?
So, because of the craziness of my week, my camera was not top priority! I'm sure Harrison did not mind skipping a week of photo shoots! But, be prepared - we're headed to GA this Friday! We arrive in Jacksonville and are driving to Darien, where my cousin Mitchell and his beautiful bride are celebrating their November nuptials with family and friends. David, Harrison and I will drive to Griffin on Sunday with Mom and Dad and I'll spend a week there. Since I'm headed back to work May 11th, this will probably be our last trip to GA for a while unless YOU get engaged soon! (you know who you are!). But, regardless - be prepared for a TON of pics!
1 comment:
Oh that stinks about your TV. That would make me sick.
My mom almost burned down my parents house because she left candles burning overnight after a dinner party. Dad put the kibosh on burning candles in the house after that ...
Post a Comment