Monday, April 27, 2009

Harrison's Christening

It was such an amazing weekend in Houston! David and I were so thrilled to have our family and friends in town to celebrate Harrison's big day with us! Uncle Bill came into town Thursday and was over at the house for a visit with Harrison by 1030 the next morning! It was so fun to see them finally meet and Harrison was completely enthralled with him. My girls arrived Friday around 430 and we immediately toasted their arrival with some vino and cheese, while the chicken and steak skewers were roasting on the grill. Several (or should I say "many?") hours later, we were still toasting their arrival while the kiddos and David were sleeping oh-so-soundly! (well, maybe not David, but definitely the babies!) It was so wonderful to catch up and I felt like I'd never left Atlanta - it was the same good 'ol times with my girls!

Then on Saturday, we headed to Discovery Green Park and had lunch, then back to the house to nap and do some last minute preparations for the baptism lunch on Sunday. By the time we went to eat Mexican, we all had our second wind and ready to celebrate some more! My Mom's sister, Jan, and her finance, Van, flew in from Atlanta to help us celebrate, too. Jan is a celebration all in herself, and having the two of them is a welcomed addition to any weekend!

Sunday was such a special day in itself. Not only that Harrison's Grandfather baptized him in a church he built from the ground up, but that my Mom hand sewed Harrison's christening gown!!! David and I will treasure it forever - it's gorgeous! In addition to our family and out-of-town friends, several of our dear friends from Houston also made the service in Katy. Lunch afterwards was a success thanks to Paula Deen and my 4 girls! (I seriously could not have pulled it off without them - it was so wonderful to have them there to help!)

By Sunday evening, I was so sad to take Brooke, Amanda (and Addison), Tara, and Erin to the airport. The weekend flew by and I found myself teary eyed driving home because I am so lucky to have such wonderful best friends. It's living proof that proximity cannot interfere with a friendship. I love you guys!

David and I continue to see how truly blessed we are. Having our family and friends fly in from CA and GA, and our friends here in Houston gather for this special day is more than we could have ever asked for. It was a weekend we will remember forever!

To see all the wonderful pics from the weekend:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Aubreyslye/HarrisonSChristeningWeekend?feat=directlink








Uncle Bill and Harrison












David and Addison

















Erin, Tara













James and Rebecca
Jed III


Lisa and Nathan































My Mom spent countless hours making Harrison's christening gown - such a treasure!



























































































































































On the way to the Mexian restaurant:

Van, Jan, Mom, Dad, me, and my red oompa loompa (David spent the day outside coaching football... without sunscreen!!!)






















Amanda and Addison




















Harry and Audrey



My girls:

Erin, Amanda (with Addison), Brooke, Tara













Addison giving Harrison the "eye!"






2 comments:

Erin said...

I miss Harrison already! Thanks again to you and David for being such great hosts.

Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.