The trip was amazing besides David having the flu. I squeezed in as much as I possibly could - 8 days is just not long enough! I was able to get away for a night to have some of Brooke's homemade meatloaf and creamed Silver Queen corn, along with a glass or two of vino and lots of catching up! Becca welcomed Benjy's parents to Griffin Friday night at her parent's house and it was wonderful to celebrate their upcoming nuptials and see my gals. Harrison loved being with his Grandaddy, who took him on walks to see the horses and cat multiple times a day, let him look at power tools and even pretend-drive the truck! He could not get enough of the 50 degree weather and being outside, soaking it all in. Mom cooked an amazing Thanksgiving meal - with a Caramel Cake for dessert that everyone was too full to eat but the two of us!!! What IS IT about icing?
Harrison continues to crack us up with his faces - I am constantly apologizing to people for his "whachoo talkin bout" face! The worst was when he was in the "pointing stage" and "whachoo talkin bout stage" at the same time a few months ago - I am just sure people were totally offended! He's sure to flash his pearly whites with a big grin just seconds after the frown.
WHACHOO TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?
Loving the cold weather, leaves, and acorns!
Mom said she wasn't going to be in the kitchen this trip over, so she prepared a ton of food before hand.... But, she was still in the kitchen baking sweets, which attributed to my jeans being tight on the flight home! But, the best recipe of all (which I prepared tonight) are the Sour Cream Biscuits: 2c self rising flour, 2c sour cream, 2c butter. Mix, scoop in mini-muffin pans, and bake at 400 for 15-20 min and you'll be in heaven for the next hour of your life!
3 comments:
Whatever! The Whachoo face is a complement! Harrison told me he saves it people who are cool and mysterious. Thanks buddy!
Harrison's faces are too cute! Looks like you guys had a fun trip. i enjoyed reading your blog as always. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas season!!
was so good to see you and catch up! love you!
Post a Comment