Sunday, September 12, 2010

Busy September!

Where does the time go? I have snapped a few pics over the last few weeks with my terrible I phone camera.... I think my Nikon probably feels a big neglected at this point! It's just been too crazy!

A few highlights from September thus far:
- Harrison is loving preschool. He's absolutely thriving in his little class of 8. There are 5 girls and 3 boys. The other 2 boys are twins and leave before lunch, so Harrison is with his 5 "girlfriends" until I pick him up around 2pm! David and I attended a wonderful parent dinner Thursday night and Harrison's teachers told us some funny stories about him. Supposedly all the girls make him sit down and "serve" him "dinner" from the play kitchen. Then they all feed each other!!! The teachers said the girls just dote over Harrison. I know he's just loving it... this is probably a good reason why he doesn't even look back when I drop him off in the mornings!!! We are seriously so pleased with this wonderful school. Last week they flew a music/story teller down from NY to be with each class individually. In addition, Harrison is getting a motor skills class, music class, and art class each week. David is so excited about the motor skills class and specifically asked the retired PE teacher to work on throwing the football next week!

- David had a wonderful guys weekend this past weekend in Austin. The MBA guys did fantasy football, played poker, went to the UT game, and hung out at an amazing house near Lake Travis all weekend. And today, David and Harry went to the Texans game! Ofcourse the 1 time Daddy isn't home, Harrison decides to be "that toddler" at lunch on Saturday. I was so embarrassed as he raked his hand across the table, sending food flying. After this long weekend, I made it abundantly clear to David that he really owes me that Louis Vuitton I have been eyeing for a few months. :)

- As for my crazy schedule... I took on repping for a darling clothing line called Hannah Kate with another Mom from my neighborhood. We worked on this all week and still have to pack up the clothes. The clothes are so precious that they sell themselves, but it was just a big time commitment! I'm tired! In addition, I have beeen working so hard on the Holy Strollers Moms Group at church, as i'm social chair this year. Our church is St. Martin's Episcopal Church and is 8,000 strong, so our mom's group is 400 moms! We have so much fun stuff planned, and have been so busy with the newsletter, stuffing envelopes, etc. It's just been a crazy few weeks... and Jr. League is about to ramp up, so it's going to get even crazier!! But, David and I are headed to Napa for a weekend at the end of September, so that will be a great little reprieve!





I LOVE ICE CREAM


AND FROZEN YOGURT! Now that I've been doing "Deceptively Delicious," I do feel a lot better about the veggies that Harrison's consuming and have been a little more lenient on frozen yogurt and ice cream! And today at the Ministry Fair at church, he even had his first Reece's cup! (it was gone in 2 shakes)


Totally obsessed with machinery.






counting softly!



No comments: