January has proven to be a busy month thus far! My "nesting" instinct kicked in around the 1st, after I took down my Christmas decorations. (This coincided with a new iron supplement, that has made me feel alive again!!! :) So glad to have figured out why I was so exhausted!) David and I had planned to put the house on the market, so I was geared up, ready to purge. After much deliberation we, smartly, decided to wait until after the baby is born. Selling a house, renting another, buying a lot/building, etc. is not the smartest thing to do with my history of bedrest.... sad, but true. However... this has not stopped me from purging. After a trip to the Salvation Army yesterday, David said, "Well, honey, 5 years of marriage and you've managed to get rid of every last piece of furniture/electronic equipment I owned prior to you!" (yes, i finally chucked that old xbox and dinosaur TV! I also sold his bachelor furniture that was in our guest room - was never keen on it and we needed the space!!!) ;) Success. We've turned the guest room into Harrison's big boy room, but I'm in NO hurry to get him in there. He loves his little cozy nook in his crib and cuddles up, sleeping soundly. Why would I disturb that?!!! :) In the meantime, we've made the room his new play area/guest room and I reclaimed my living room downstairs! I've gone crazy on my favorite website, onekingslane, making the room look more adult!! SO much fun!
This weekend my belly will turn 24 weeks - unbelievable. It's definitely grown and this little tike is a mover. We're still working on names. With #2, it definitely becomes a little harder.... especially when it's the same sex and you've already used both grandfather's names on the 1st baby! :)
Harrison has had a wonderful January, but I have felt bad that he's been inside so much lately. It's been either freezing or rainy, so we've been playing "animals," hungry hippo, "dinosaurs," and trucks/tractors alot. In late November, we stumbled upon a TV show on Nick JR called Dino Dan - a 10 year old boy who sees imaginary dinos - and Harrison immediately became obsessed! He LOVES dinos, loves the show, loves pretending he's a T-Rex or Stegasaurus. He tries so hard to pronounce all the names - I'll have to get it on video! So, yes - I'm officially a "BOY" mom - sans the wrestling right now - but if you come over on any given morning, you'll find us on the floor acting like dinosaurs or making truck noises!
Grandaddy sent Harrison some tractors. We couldn't find them Sunday before church and you would have thought the world came to an end. Our former nanny (who is now our go-to sitter!), Reyna, found them Sunday night, and we all had a great MLK day thanks to her!!! :) (she can find ANYTHING - once harrison hid david's keys in our basket of blankets, inside a blanket that was folded up, and she FOUND them! We would still be searching!)
This weekend my belly will turn 24 weeks - unbelievable. It's definitely grown and this little tike is a mover. We're still working on names. With #2, it definitely becomes a little harder.... especially when it's the same sex and you've already used both grandfather's names on the 1st baby! :)
Harrison has had a wonderful January, but I have felt bad that he's been inside so much lately. It's been either freezing or rainy, so we've been playing "animals," hungry hippo, "dinosaurs," and trucks/tractors alot. In late November, we stumbled upon a TV show on Nick JR called Dino Dan - a 10 year old boy who sees imaginary dinos - and Harrison immediately became obsessed! He LOVES dinos, loves the show, loves pretending he's a T-Rex or Stegasaurus. He tries so hard to pronounce all the names - I'll have to get it on video! So, yes - I'm officially a "BOY" mom - sans the wrestling right now - but if you come over on any given morning, you'll find us on the floor acting like dinosaurs or making truck noises!
1 comment:
shug loves dino dan too! (guess she isn't that girly after all?) LOVE the pics of harrison bundled up for school with the backpack...could just squeeze him to pieces. as for your pregnancy pic...i will now go and jump off a bridge :) seriously - you look amazing. way to go!
Post a Comment