Clark started crawling when we got home from Thanksgiving, at 6.5 months. I had taken down my heavy duty gates that Precious Baby Protectors installed since the house is on the market, so it's been hard to chase after him. He is so fast.
The weeks after that are a bit of a blur. Clark came down with a virus, then on top of that virus, got another one, that brought a 104 temp. I took him to the doctor on the Tuesday a week and a half before Christmas and his breathing rate was so high that he was hooked up to a nebulizer and we were sent home with an inhaler. By that Thursday, he was still not better, so back we went to see the doctor. As we waited on him, Clark vomitted and blew out his little diaper - he had gotten the stomach bug (probably at the office on Tuesday's visit - FYI - NOT HAPPY about this.) Friday morning rolled around and I had an early appointment to get an allergy patch test read for an allergic reaction I've been having (I'm allergic to all frangrance in make up/lotion, etc by the way - had to throw everything out. grrr). When I returned home, I started to show symptoms of the bug that lasted into the evening. Then, at midnight, Harrison projectiled on his wall, custom drapes, bed linens, then on 2 sets of sheets in our bed - it pretty much lasted all night. We had ZERO clean crib sheets or bed sheets by Saturday. There was throw up and you-know-what everywhere! It looked like a scene from the movie Outbreak. Harrison and I were better by that next Tuesday before Christmas. Clark did not stop throwing up until Friday because his stomach had been through so much by then, it was not keeping anything down (gastroparesis). My Mom came to help for 4 days and flew back to GA on Christmas eve to have Christmas with Dad, Andy, and Grandma. We were all well, but exhausted on Christmas.
Poor Clark lost a couple of lbs the month of December. When I weighed him a week ago, he was creeping back up to the 17lbs that he hit before Christmas. We had a lot of sleepless nights in the Slye household and Clarkie is still waking up at night.
I can tell that Harrison is getting tired of his brother getting so much attention, but he's still sweet to him and loves him so much. I'm hoping that when Clark starts preschool next year that he will have THE BEST immunity in his class!
No comments:
Post a Comment