Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Is that what I think it is??!!!???

Most of my friends who have been pregnant have waited until around 14-16 weeks before being able to find out the sex. So, this morning I thought my OB appointment would be another routine appointment. Needless to say, I was so surprised at what I found out!!!

As Dr. Dryden scanned me, the baby was rolling around, stretching, just having a ball in my belly. At one point, the baby turned upside down, where we had a full backside shot. I was glancing at the screen as she did her normal measurements, when my jaw dropped... there was definitely something that I had not seen before between the little ones legs... it was most definitely a little boy's anatomy that was staring me in the face!!! I looked up at Dr. Dryden with big, inquisitive eyes, who was just grinning from ear to ear. She started laughing and said "I'm not saying a single word. David would die that he wasn't here!" I could not believe my EARS!!! We were actually having a boy and I had totally figured it out! After a little probing and prying, Dr. Dryden confirmed my suspicions (only with a nod - she still wasn't "saying anything") of the little blurb between the legs. She printed out the ultrasound picture of the back view of our little boy and I immediately drove down to David's office and had him come outside to "hear about my visit." When he got in the car, I handed him the ultrasound and asked him what he saw. Immediately, his face lit up and he looked at me with those same big, questioning eyes and yelled, "IT'S A BOY, ISN'T IT?" I think he stared at the picture for 3 minutes straight, with a huge grin on his face, and ofcourse, commenting on the size of the anatomy!!! Since he's been home tonight, he hasn't stopped grinning and staring at the ultrasound picture and he's already made comments of his first camping trip with his son. "No Girls Allowed!" :)

Now, I do have to add a caveat: While, we are 99% sure it's a boy, I've had 2 girlfriends who have been told one sex at 12 weeks and a few weeks later were confirmed with the other sex!!! (But, I also have a girlfriend pregnant with twins who confirmed the sex at 12 weeks! ) So, there's a chance that we are totally be off on this - we will have to wait and confirm in the next few weeks. And, either way, we are really just praying for a healthy baby. If it turns out to be a girl in the next few weeks, we'll have a good story to tell her later on in life!!!

This is the ultrasound picture of the baby's butt. The legs are pointed out to the left and the anatomy can be seen between the legs. Unfortunately, this picture didn't show up as clearly as I wanted. On our copy of the picture, you can really see 2 little round things and a third something off to the side!!! It's so crazy!

More confirmation to come!

No comments: