Thursday, January 29, 2009

Can I have a shot, too?

Tomorrow, Harrison will be 4 months old, so today we went to the doctor for his checkup. On the way to the doctor, my Dad reminded me that years ago when I was about 5-6yrs old, I was told I needed a shot at the doctor. I HATED shots and would cry at any sign of a needle, and this particular day was no different. [I have never heard another story like this, and you probably haven't either. In fact, at the doctors' today, I heard so many screams of kiddos getting their shots... it's just a fact: kids HATE shots.] Well, my little brother saw that I was getting a shot, and even though he was just 3-4 yrs. old, Andy knew he had to have one if I was getting one. So, he pitched a fit for a shot and the nurse ended up giving him one!!! And guess what - not a single tear! He took it "like a man" and got his shot, too!!! Have you ever heard of such a thing?!!!??

Needless to say, Harrison did NOT request his shots today! He was much more aware of what was going on than during his 2 month checkup and cried a lot longer! Poor babydoll! But, we got a great report. Harrison is 70th percentile for height (25 1/2 inches) and 45th percentile for weight (14lbs 6 oz). He is doing so well with his acid relux and is loving eating now. YAY!!


My sweet brother, Andy















Making progress - one foot is touching the floor!











No comments: