Sunday, February 15, 2009

Baby Steps

We had several firsts in the Slye home this weekend. Last week, David called me and asked me to get a babysitter for Friday night for a work dinner with clients. I totally tried to get out of going and urged him to go by himself, but when he explained it was all couples, I knew there was no way I'd be able to convince him to go alone! I asked Reyna, my one-day-a-week-nanny, to sit for us and she said YES, so off we went Friday night to Ibiza to drinks and dinner. I wasn't nervous because of Reyna, but I was nervous because no one has ever put Harrison down to bed besides David and me, and my parents. Luckily, everything went as well as could be expected. Harrison cried and whimpered a bit because Mommy and Daddy weren't there, but Reyna rocked him and he was asleep by 9pm! So, I guess there IS a future for datenights!

Saturday night, David and Harrison cooked me a fabulous candlelit Valentines' Day meal, complete with an artichoke to snack on, a filet to chow down on, and Mad Housewife Wine to sip on! (the wine is surprisingly good!)

Today, we decided to attempt church again and I finally felt like it was time for Harrison to visit the nursery. (another big FIRST for me!) He loves being around other kids, so I knew he would probably be okay in the 4-8 month nursery with the other little critters his age. The ladies gave me a pager, but I was back checking on him after no page, 15 minutes later, only to find him playing, smiling, and charming all the ladies! Relaxed and confident, I went back to the sanctuary and actually got to listen to the sermon this time!

I am continuing to spend every moment I can with Harrison. It seems like May 10th is coming sooo fast and I am already getting teary-eyed every few days just thinking about it. I've started to look for nannies, but most of them want immediate work so I will start my search again in a month. I am very hopeful that I can find someone as gentle and as good with babies as Reyna. She has been with us since November and we absolutely LOVE her. Unfortunately she will not be going full time because she is committed to my neighbor and my neighbor's friend the other days of the week. But, we continue to pray and keep our fingers crossed and for another Reyna to enter our lives.



"Mom got me my new 'banker' shirt."
"So, Dad asked me to check the stocks..."


"And, I sold the Exxon stock, so Mom and I are headed to Vegas. Hehehe!!!"





















"Yes! My plan is in effect! He'll never know!"
"But, now I'm stuck in my jumperoo!"















Look - my feet can touch the floor!






















It was a rainy weekend in Houston..






No comments: