Tomorrow I leave MommyLand behind. Even though it only exists between the hours of 8am and 3pm, I've become very fond of MommyLand - strollers every 10 yards at the park; mommies stopping to wipe the spit-up off your shoulder for you; looking like heck, but going out anyways because all the other mommies will look tired just like you; meeting mommies in the babyfood ailse to get tips on feeding, clothing, and diapering; no lines at the grocery store; no traffic; looks of "it's okay, I understand, I've been there before" when your little one pitches a fit in a store.... Oh the days of MommyLand! I meet my boss at 830 tomorrow morning to start my new position. On one hand, I am extremely excited because of my promotion, and the fact I will actually be getting up, putting on makeup and fixing my hair every day. But, on the other hand, I am soooo sad to leave Harrison. He's so much fun right now... we've finally exited the acid reflux/gastroparesis stage and entered the squealing/laughing stage. And normally, I would be groaning at a 7am alarm, but I can honestly say that the moment when I first see him is the best part of my day. He's usually flapping his hands up and down, making some kind of noise with his mouth, and smiling... who wouldn't love that wake-up call!!!?! But, as Kimmie Burkett says, I'm just going to have to "wake up each morning and put my big girl pants on!" And ofcourse, a Megan Roberts quote: "Hold your chin up high, your shoulders back, and put some pep in your step!"
With that said, this weekend was definitely bittersweet. We threw the Zorns a going away party with some other couples at a mexican restaurant on Saturday. No one really had time to get teary eyed with the 20+ kiddos in our party that were crazily running around everywhere, however I cried enough for everyone today to make up for it! It was such a blast hanging out, but I'm sure after the 95 degree heat that day, they are ready to move to Colorado. So, yes, everything was fine until 730 this morning when I opened my "going back to work" gift from Lisa.... an engraged locket keychain with two pics of Harrison in it and a letter "from Harrison" about how I shouldn't worry about him and he'll be okay and he knows I still love him, etc.... WOW! Do I even need to say that the waterworks turned on at that moment and kept sprouting all day long!!! Not to mention after I opened my beautiful mother's day gift, flowers, and ANOTHER card from Harrison about what a wonderful mother I am and how much he loves me!!! BOO HOO! I mean, seriously... even though he didn't exactly WRITE them himself, the words just melted my heart and made the day completely bittersweet.
So, tomorrow will definitely be the beginning of a new chapter in the Slye book... and even though I will probably cry all morning long, I know I'll survive, and Harrison will too.
Captions below by the one and only David Slye







I dont always drink beer but when I do, I drink...wait a second...WAITER!!
Nathan: This is great, I can put all my tequil..er milk in here.
Harrison: Aww shucks its just a lil somethin I picked up for you to remember me by.

Howdy - You been farmin long??

Thems fightin words...draw mister.



Oh great Im thirsty.

This is not the margarita I ordered.

Nathan: Is this yours? What does it do..
Harrison: You break it you buy it.

Harrison - Nathan, I dont know how to quit you!
Nathan - Check please!
1 comment:
You can do it girl! Those pants are never easy to pull on, but you can do it!!!! :) Good luck!
Post a Comment