Saturday, June 6, 2009

Happy Birthday David!

Thursday David turned 36!! We had fun celebrating his birthday this year. Last year, I had an additional appendage, as I was about 6 months prego with Harrison. We were in NC, and my Mom did all the preparations for the birthday from the meal to the cake. So this year, I decided to step up to my wifely duties and make David's favorite dinner and a birthday cake!!

Preparing the icing started on Monday after a grocery store trip and continued until I finally baked the cake on Thursday. It's been my experience that the more you stir the icing, and lick the spoon, the better the cake will taste. As I decorated the cake and attempted to write "happy birthday" I had yet another epiphany - it's always possible to wipe the cake clean, take care of the extra icing your own way, and start over. HAHA! This was my favorite part, as Harrison sat in his high chair watching Baby Einstein and eating a snack, thinking what is my Momma doing with white and blue stuff all over her face. So, after 30 minutes of trying to "ice" a birthday cake for David, I came out with a big 3-6 on the cake. It was so ugly, but it was definitely my favorite part of the meal!

Audrey and Harry came over early to entertain Harrison while I wrapped up the meal. It was nice to have some diversions, as Harrison only wants to "walk" and be with the "big people" these days! Harrison loves his Granma and Grampa!

I do have to tell one additional story... As I was on the phone with my sweet grandmother this morning, I was telling her about the "netbook" I got David with a webcam and how I was going to take it to NY when I have to go for a week at the end of June. I was explaining how people can talk "over the internet via camera" and she stopped me mid-story with "Oh, like using Skype?" I almost fell over! My grandmother is officially a techie!! I really need to get with the program!



Harrison STILL doesn't have teeth, but every week David and I swear that it's the week he will get teeth. It's always the perfect excuse for a fussy baby! In this pic, Harrison is chomping down on his ice cold teething cloth, which he loves. We swear this is the weekend the are coming!


















Birthday dinner with David's parents














WOAH, Dad - What are all those orange things on your cake??!!!?




















Moooove over Dad, these are MINE!

Playtime in the sink...




















Dad, there is SO much to play with in your office - a stapler, sharp pencils, a keyboard, a mouse - WOAH this is going to be FUN! Mom, I'm ignoring you. How many pictures of me do you need?!!?








1 comment:

JMB said...

"Slye" makes such perfect sense. It cracks me up every time I think: Aubrey.... Slye.