Sunday, June 28, 2009

Too long!

I left early on Father's Day for the airport to head to Rye Brook, New York for a week of training. David had planned to attend the US Open in NY, but he and his clients cancelled their flights Friday night due to the awful weather in NY. Too bad Pfizer doesn't cancel training due inclement weather! Mom flew in Saturday morning to keep Harrison until David returned from the Open, but instead got in some good quality Grandma time with an extra set of hands from David.

It was so hard being gone all week, but thankfully Harrison was in the hands of the people who love him most. After Mom left on Tuesday morning, Victoria was with Harrison during the day, staying late until David got home from work. It's so incredibly hard trusting someone with your baby, but Victoria is truly a blessing to us. We love and trust her so much, which made this 6 night trip a lot more bearable for me. At night, Harrison was very well taken care of by David and his parents! They spent three nights with David, offering much distraction and entertainment to Harrison. It sounded like both David and Harrison were well taken care of - from the wonderful home-cooked meals to the bedtime stories!

Harrison woke hungry at 5am Saturday morning (gotta love growth spurts) and I'd only been home for a handful of hours due to a major flight delay, but I rushed into his room and scooped him up. He was sleepy eyed, but while I gave him his bottle in his dark room, he just stared at me and ran his hands across my face and over my lips. "Yes, Harrison, it's Mama," is all I could say as I choked my tears back. I had missed my sweet baby soooo much! I brought him in bed with us and he fell asleep on my chest, making those little baby noises of contentment that are so sweet to a parent's ears. Saturday was a wonderful day and I am not sure I can leave Harrison again!!!



Saturday morning fun in my float!













What?


I LOVE feeding myself!


It's 730am, but Happy Father's Day Daddy!




Teary-eyed and one step away from walking out the door to get to the airport...




Mommy is going flying today!





1 comment:

Katie said...

your haircut is so cute!