Several months ago, David gave me the dates of his weekend MBA guys' trip for Fantasy Football drafting (this is a very important weekend that occurs annually!!). So, as soon as he told me the dates, I booked a ticket to GA to see my Grandmother and parents. A few weeks ago, I decided to celebrate Harrison's bday in GA in addition to a family celebration in Houston. I am so glad David agreed to doing this and was okay with missing out on 1 of the 3 bday celebrations Harrison will have!
Harrison was a trooper in his little cowboy vest, shirt, and boots that I bought a size big so he could wear them to the Houston Rodeo in February!!! And, I say he was a "trooper" because the child skipped all of his naps that day. I'm not sure what was going on, but he would not sleep for the life of me! I was expecting him to be ultra fussy, but he really wasn't in as bad of a mood as I thought and downed his cake just like I knew he would.... I am ashamed to say that I completely forgot to cut Harrison's big birthday cake. Me - of all people - who's favorite food is icing, forgot!!! I guess in the midst of giving Harrison his cake and then doing a costume change into an adorable birthday jon-jon that my Mom made him, I just completely forgot. So, I'm sorry to all of those who were eyeing the cake and didn't get a chance to eat any!
Cowboy Grandaddy got out one of his horses and gave pony rides to the kids.... It was hysterical seeing their expressions. Ava and Sara Elizabeth were the stars of the day - they couldn't get enough of the horse. Addie and Harrison were just not feeling it, but Ford and MJ were studs and sat on top of that huge horse like they owned him!!! I have included all the pictures on the link below for you to see the hilarious faces of these adorable children! (Thanks, Mr. Matt, for assisting Cowboy Grandaddy with the kiddos!!)
Harrison was a trooper in his little cowboy vest, shirt, and boots that I bought a size big so he could wear them to the Houston Rodeo in February!!! And, I say he was a "trooper" because the child skipped all of his naps that day. I'm not sure what was going on, but he would not sleep for the life of me! I was expecting him to be ultra fussy, but he really wasn't in as bad of a mood as I thought and downed his cake just like I knew he would.... I am ashamed to say that I completely forgot to cut Harrison's big birthday cake. Me - of all people - who's favorite food is icing, forgot!!! I guess in the midst of giving Harrison his cake and then doing a costume change into an adorable birthday jon-jon that my Mom made him, I just completely forgot. So, I'm sorry to all of those who were eyeing the cake and didn't get a chance to eat any!
Cowboy Grandaddy got out one of his horses and gave pony rides to the kids.... It was hysterical seeing their expressions. Ava and Sara Elizabeth were the stars of the day - they couldn't get enough of the horse. Addie and Harrison were just not feeling it, but Ford and MJ were studs and sat on top of that huge horse like they owned him!!! I have included all the pictures on the link below for you to see the hilarious faces of these adorable children! (Thanks, Mr. Matt, for assisting Cowboy Grandaddy with the kiddos!!)
I was so sad to leave on Sunday. Instead of crying now, we all just tear up a little, but it's never an easy goodbye to my parents or grandmother. Thankfully, they are flying out next Thursday and babysitting for several nights while David whisks me away for a relaxing vacation for my 30th!!! I can't wait!
Grandaddy, Harrison and Grand
You're the best walking assistant, Grandma Great!
Joanna, Brooke, Katie, myself, Erin, MaryBeth, Julie, Sam, Jenny
Not in the mood for a horsey ride???
" And then, Jack went up the hill.... "
MJ Economos about to tackle Harrison!!!
Are we having a party, mama?
The CAKE! UGH - so mad I forgot to cut it.

Oh well, we took care of it with spoons after the party....
Cowboy Grandaddy, Cowgirl Great, and Cowgirl Grand (already changed out of costume)
There is no denying that my Grandma and Mom are just as addicted to icing as I am!!!! Yes, those are spoons, and yes, we dove in!!!
Oh well, we took care of it with spoons after the party....
There is no denying that my Grandma and Mom are just as addicted to icing as I am!!!! Yes, those are spoons, and yes, we dove in!!!
4 comments:
Looks like so much fun! So sad we couldn't make it.
Wow, Aubrey!! It looked like such an amazing 1st birthday, and your parents, grandmother, and especially yourself look amazing!! Makes me miss the days at y'alls house!
Kimmie, we were so sad we missed you guys - definitely next time. Jessica - we miss you! come visit when you are in town!
I don't think your family could get any cuter! Seriously - Harrison is so stinkin' precious. I LOVE the cupcake with electric blue icing shoved into his face - priceless.
Post a Comment