Sunday, October 4, 2009

Cowboys and Birthdays!


As usual, it's been a crazy few weeks for us all! David arrived home from the Hamptons and two days later I picked my parents up from the airport. They came in town to celebrate my bday, and to babysit while David took me to Mexico to celebrate my bday. It was such a wonderful trip. I thought I would be thinking of Harrison non stop, but I was actually okay and just called once a day to check in! I guess at a year, he's much more predictable with his schedule, so it made it alot easier!







When we returned home, Harrison's 2nd tooth was beginning to break through, just in time for his first birthday. Wednesday, the 30th was his actual birthday, so we celebrated that morning with David's famous pancakes and some peaches!






I left Wednesday at 8am for a meeting and returned late Thursday night. David juggled coaching football, working, and taking care of Harrison with the help of Victoria. Friday, I worked and hustled prepping for the bday party on Saturday, while psyching myself for the Susan G Komen Race early the next morning!! Thank you Bill, Mom and Dad, Tracey, Brooke and Kendall, and Katie for donating money. It was a successful, leisurely 5K walk early Saturday morning (David ran)- we actually had to wake Harrison up to get there on time!!! He had a bit of a conniption while we waited with the other 30,000 people to start, but after we got moving, he was dancing to the music on the loud speakers!






Saturday, we had a small birthday celebration for Harrison. It was so fun to celebrate with family and some of Harrison's play buddies. He, of course, did not let us down when his cupcake came - it was all over the place within 15 seconds. We had to DC the cupcake after he downed almost 1/2 of it before I could blink an eye! I was expecting a big upset stomach later, but instead he just played, and played and laughed, and laughed with his new toys and his doting Mommy and Daddy.




Besides having two over scheduled parents, Harrison is busy these days, as he's officially taken several steps on his own. He's clapping and talking/babbling up a storm... "bye-bye, bye-bye mama (this one always rips my heart out!), daddy, light, dog, flower, pesh (fish in Spanish), agua (water)." There is research that shows bilingual babies talk later, so we are very proud that Harrison has a pretty good vocabulary! Victoria is still doing an amazing job teaching him spanish during the day. We also have un-officially said good bye to the bottle, as of Thursday evening. I thought this was going to be a lot harder, but he's done a great job with only having his luvey and paci. See below for a video demonstrating this love - Arod, thank you for the blanket - I will probably have to order another one at some point when we misplace this one!






You mean we don't have to change diapers for 3 days!!!!???!















Sept 30th - Happy Birthday Sweetie!












Daddy's pancakes are awesome!







Susan G. Komen - after 3 minutes of being there, Harrison is already squirming out of his stroller.
I am sure exhausted after the conniption fit I just pulled on my Mommy!


Komal and Grace Stoerr - our walking buddies while our hubbies ran!An apple - entertainment for 30 minutes




Yee Haw, it's your bday!




















Harrison absolutely LOVES his buddy Brandon.



















My Texas party was AWESOME!



More Bday Pics:



The morning after... playtime






























Watch me demonstrate my love for my lovey!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This just might be the cutest thing I have ever seen! And Aubs, you know it won't ever change! I still have those same feelings about my own blankie...luckily, I put it away when I got married.