Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Festivities

We had a fun weekend after getting over the "funk" this week. Harrison and I both had an upper respiratory infection and were so sad to cancel on a fun visit with Callie and her new baby. By the weekend, we were feeling much better.

Saturday morning, I headed to the Spring Valley Park to construct my Cake Walk tent for my Moms' Group - lots of cupcakes for little goblins! Harrison and David joined me mid morning to ride ponies, eat hotdogs, watch a magic show, bounce around, and climb in a firetruck.

We had a wonderful evening at our good friends, the Howards, Saturday. Harrison loves his buddies in his play group! I normally don't take pics, but did this time since everyone was dressed up!

Sunday after church and Sunday School, we got the house ready for our big Halloween Party with all our neighbors - lots of kiddos running around, chili on the stove, hot dogs on the grill, and a cool evening - couldn't ask for a better night! We made our way past 3 houses with Harrison still trying to figure out the purpose of trick-or-treating. The pivotal moment came when I opened a Milky Way for him. The minute the chocolate touched his lips, he darted to the next house, and so on. More candy it was. Harrison lead the group - kids 5 years older than him were left in the dust to Harrison running and ringing door bells, yelling, HELLO! when people didn't answer fast enough. It was quite a sight to see - a 2 year old just realizing what Halloween was all about!













































































































































Bag full of gold!


I can't believe I let him have so much chocolate! In the freezer it went this morning!









More pictures, for those of you who have the time to look!






Sugar High

1 comment:

meg williams said...

cute pics - and the videos made me laugh out loud. i don't know which was funnier - harrison rolling around or you saying, "yummy...yummy....yummy...yummy". hilarious.