Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snow, what happened?

All of Houston was a bit disappointed when Thursday night and Friday morning rolled around there was no snow to be found. Ice? Yes. 19 degree weather? Yes. But, NO SNOW. We were basically housebound due to the icy roads (yes, laugh, you northerners - we Texans don't go to school or work when it gets below freezing!). David forged his way through the icy roads to go to work on Friday - he's been SO busy with several big deals. Harrison and I tried to stay as occupied as we could!



Giving Bubba some water to drink



Getting bored towards the end of the day -



turned into doing gymnastics off the couch














building a fort, jumping on pillows







getting out our lantern and switching it from 1 light to 2 lights about a hundred times.

painting, finger painting, coloring, and making snowflakes out of coffee filters (i COULD not get him excited about this activity!) :)
and, ofcourse, making a MESS...




riding the carousel with daddy last weekend!












Harrison at 2.4yrs - finally talking a bit more, but still is beat by many of the little girls in his class, who will chat your ear off!
As with any vocal little tike, we laugh all the time at what comes out of Harrison's mouth... stories from school, or who he prays for at night....
David called me in last night to listen to their prayer because he said they pray for "Mommy," then Harrison repeats him "Mommy," then "Daddy" and Harrison continues to say "Mommy," then "Gran," and Harrison says "Mommy," and so on.. you get the picture - I have really be prayed upon lately!!! ;)
He's also been "fibbing" alot...
"Did you poop your pants?"
"No"
"Are you asleep?"
"Yes!"
But, he did get a surprise when he got home from school since he said "yes ma'am and no ma'am" to his teachers this week! Mama is so proud! He even says "yes ma'am" to his Daddy! :)
I laugh at his use of "I" and "my" - "My get it" is the most popular... It's funny how he understands past and present tense, but can't seem to straighten out "My" and "I!"
He also uses "See" and "Look" interchangeably - "Daddy, See!" instead of "Daddy, Look!" We are working on it!
David and I have really been talking up the "baby" the past few weeks. One of Mom's good friends gave Harrison a Franklin DVD about welcoming a new baby sister. Now when you ask what is in Mommy's belly, he will tell you it's a baby sister. He'll also rub my belly, give it hugs and even a kiss every now and then. He's only tried to punch it once. But, now we're dealing with "goo goo ga ga" chanting, as Harrison has started to really like acting like a baby again! I won't be getting out the baby toys/swings, etc. until the very last minute!



2 comments:

Michelle said...

A baby sister? I thought you were having a boy. Did that change, or is Harrison just a little confused? I love how you say he's 2.4 years old... definitely a techie. :)

The Slyes - Aubrey, David, and Harrison said...

no, nothing has changed - still a baby brother is coming his way, but Franklin(TV character) gets a baby sister in the DVD! yes, i am still gatech.edu!