I have been on the hunt for a new sitter since our beloved Reyna is nannying for 3 families and we have to book her weeks in advance. Harrison and I went to church last Sunday, when David was in bed with a horrible virus, and I hired a woman out of the nursery that Harrison absolutely loves. She is great with kids and since she works for the church, I knew an extensive background check, etc. had already been done on her. It was perfect timing that this happened because David's parents were still suffering from a preschool virus Harrison passed along to them and had to cancel their Wednesday night babysitting, in addition to all day Friday. Susanna stepped in and was able to sit Wed. while I taught CPR, then all day Friday, while I made my way to GA, and 1/2 day Saturday while Daddy studied for the extensive Series 79 Exam next month. It was a great weekend knowing that he was in good hands, but I know he missed his grandparents and is looking forward to seeing them this Wednesday!
Why not? That's what boys are supposed to do!!!
My saving grace this summer. School ends the week after my due date. :0 I had parent/teacher conference this morning and got great feedback - Harrison is excelling in the colors/shapes department and has great hand/eye coordination. His teachers commented that he's very athletic, and you could see a huge grin start to form on David's face when I told him. (he's been sooo worried he got my genes!)
Erin, Tara
My trip to Atlanta was a great success. I LOVED lunching with my girls at a bridal shower for Erin. I thought the trip was ruined on the way to the airport, as I was rear-ended on the highway, but God was on my side and I made the plane! I was the last person on board!
JCT Kitchen - delicious - a fried egg, bacon hamburger! This baby is taking up a lot of room, so I couldn't eat everything I wanted for spacial reasons, but you can rest assured that the majority of the burger was GONE! :)
Grandma and me after a trip to the spa - relaxed and ready to crawl on the couch and read a good book!
Harrison loves to sing his ABCs and Old MacDonald. But, one of his favorite jingles is a song that David made up about Harrison (Harrison, oh Harrison, was playing the guitar; Harrison, oh Harrison was playing very hard....), so on the video, he's singing this song. He also loves to pretend like he's talking on the phone. He knows that his parent's names are Aubrey and David and sometimes uses those names instead of Mommy and Daddy... it's hilarious! Here, Harrison talks to "Daddy" then "David." He tells him "soon" for "see you soon" and "drive" for "drive safely." He also says "HEY!" instead of "Hello" - guess I need to start saying "Hello" more!!! :$
My trip to Atlanta was a great success. I LOVED lunching with my girls at a bridal shower for Erin. I thought the trip was ruined on the way to the airport, as I was rear-ended on the highway, but God was on my side and I made the plane! I was the last person on board!
Harrison loves to sing his ABCs and Old MacDonald. But, one of his favorite jingles is a song that David made up about Harrison (Harrison, oh Harrison, was playing the guitar; Harrison, oh Harrison was playing very hard....), so on the video, he's singing this song. He also loves to pretend like he's talking on the phone. He knows that his parent's names are Aubrey and David and sometimes uses those names instead of Mommy and Daddy... it's hilarious! Here, Harrison talks to "Daddy" then "David." He tells him "soon" for "see you soon" and "drive" for "drive safely." He also says "HEY!" instead of "Hello" - guess I need to start saying "Hello" more!!! :$
2 comments:
LOVED getting to see you at the shower. maybe the last time before we are mothers of two!?
the pics are adorable. and the video made me laugh out loud. i especially loved the part where you sang... :)
squeeze your men for me.
xoxo,
meg
Harrison is too cute -- full of personality just like his momma!
It was great to see you this past weekend. I wish we could all get together more often.
Post a Comment