Monday, August 1, 2011

Sweet Boys in July

We've been having so much fun this July! Harrison has had lots of playdates and fun outtings with Mom and Dad, and Clark continues to grow, smile, and coo. He's still in our room in the bassinet, and as much as I dislike his loud snoring (seriously - this baby is SO loud - grunts, snores, burps at all hours of the night!), I am just not ready to move him yet. He had such a rough first 2 months that I just want him to be peaceful and happy all the time!!! He's started sleeping a longer stretch, which is nice. I put him down around 8p, then do a dreamfeed around 1030p and that will get him until 430-6a. I have had to put the paci in many of times to stretch him longer, but we're slowly getting there.





Harrison cracks us up all the time. He's going through a phase of saying "poo poo" and last week the poor boy had about 5 time outs because he just could not restrain himself from calling everything "poo poo." Then, he figured out that "poo poo" sounds sort of like "purple," so now he will hold up a purple crayon/popscicle/marker and say "Clark likes.... (pause) Mom, what color is this?" And I will say "purple" then he grins the biggest grin ever. He also is King of procrastination, like many 2.8 year olds are. He says, "2 more minutes" a million times a day, "one more book" and now it's "just one sleep," which means lay down with me in my bed one time. He tells me how I should position my hands on the steering wheel at least 4 times a week and demands country music, where he "head bops" in the back. (and if you try to sing along, he will ask you to stop, hahaha!) He loves Clark sooo much and just can't keep his hands off him. He's not really jealous unless he's tired and just needs to snuggle with Mommy, which ofcourse, I don't mind. He's definitely developing a strong personality and knows exactly what he wants. I've heard that the terrible threes are worse than the terrible twos. I have a feeling we're in for it since he was such a good two year old!!!





Clark is getting so long that he's breaking out of the awesome Kiddopatomus swaddle, so I tried him without a swaddle for his nap today - it only lasted about 35 minutes, so a bigger swaddle blanket it is!




Hangin in my crib - Clark at 11weeks
































Pics of the nursery - still waiting on the glider. Eventually the bed will go in a guest room, but I wanted to leave it in there for those chilly, long nights ahead!






Giraffe knobs - a little safari theme going on!!! :)

































Papa painted these adorable safari prints for Clark's room! Love them!
















Last day of summer camp was the 22nd, so we've had about 5 playdates since then - Clark has been a trooper and Harrison's been having a ball with his buddies. Here is my Iron Man at the Howards last Friday.





















Clark is so strong and has been sitting up in the Bumbo for a few weeks now. He is the gassiest baby on the planet and will burp and spit up hours after he's eaten. The Bumbo really helps with this. My reflux babies are so much happier when they can sit up!










































































Clark at 9 weeks - turned around in the Baby Bjorn and loving it!




























Minutes after this picture was taken, I looked over and Harrison was rolling his little yellow jeep over Clark's head. Geeez....































9 weeks
































He just had to try it...

































Fun at Noah's Arc Pool!










































































2 month appointment - Clark has changed so much since then. He's gained a lot of weight since he's been well, and free of viruses!








































1st trip to church and he slept in my arms the whole time! 8 weeks old










































I always swear that "this is last pair of sunglasses I am buying Harrison." Ofcourse, these were lost at the pool a week later!












































Keeping my paci close by....














































Oh so happy - 7 weeks
















































Those first smiles are the BEST!



















































This child could live off of Popsicles!



















































1 comment:

Julie said...

Clark is sitting in the bumbo like a champ! He is such a cutie pie. I hope you are having a great summer!