Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October!

We started the month with brithday parties every day of every weekend. The children in Harrison's class all have birthdays within 2 months of each other! I think we went to Pump it up 4 times in 2 weeks - such a fun and easy place for a birthday party. Harrison is loving his class this year. And, I am loving the Moms! We have a standing playdate on Wednesdays at the park, and next week we are off to The Tasting Room for a Mommy Wine Night! Love these fun girls! Harrison still loves his Vivi and Bella, but his 2 new BEST BUDS are John and Ryan. I initiated a sticker chart to ease the bedtime chaos (in a winey voice: "one more story, one more book, please rub my back, one more snack, i need to tee tee, i need water, i need to kiss baby clark good night, i'm scared... " i mean the list goes on and on...). Anyways, I had very low expectations that the sticker chart would work, but lo and behold, when I told him 3 stickers=having a friend over to play, he was asleep in 5 minutes!!! So, we've had some fun playdates with his 2 best buddies. If I have to hear: "When is my birthday party?" one more time though... ! Harrison has NO concept of birthday parties only happening once a year. Seriously, how do you explain "calendar time" that to a 3 year old?!

Clark has been a trooper through it all. Harrison has been sweet enough to pass along every sniffle and sneeze to Clark... the poor baby just can't catch a break. I tried to start him on solids a few weeks ago again, but he HATES cereal, so I broke the rules and started "real food" at 5 1/2 months. He loves bananas and sweet potatoes and took the first 2 hour nap ever today after a big breakfast! Usually his naps are 30-45 min, which just kills me. Harrison was an amazing napper. I lived for that 1.5 hours to catch up on housework, etc. I have made it a point to be home for morning naps for Clark, and hopefully with the addition of solids, they will lengthen. Keep your fingers crossed.

We have had such a fun October - 5 good friends had babies in ONE week. So much celebrating on the baby end. Several showers, several wine nights, several fabulous date nights, and several pounds heavier!!! :) Lawsy, why is losing baby weight so hard with #2!?!



Drawing out their faces



Pretty good for a 3 year old!? :)






Scary pumpkins and delicious roasted pumpkin seeds - a first for David and now he's hooked!









Orange day at school, so of course Baby Clark had to participate!






































This child loves tools!















Roasting marshmellows! Harrison: "Mom, this is the best campout ever!"







































The new cereal dispenser from Gran and Grandaddy(in red) is a huge hit and ensures that Harrison has a big breakfast with lots of milk!







































































































































David: "Pumpkin seeds, I will find you!" We LOVE roasted pumpkin seeds at the Slye household! :)































Oh, my sweet boys. I just can't get enough of them. (well, until 5 o'clock, then i've had plenty! LOL) Harrison and Clark are still smitten with each other. Clark has been sitting up unassisted for 2-3 weeks. He barely even falls over anymore - such a strong, lean, and long little guy! He's going through some tough separation anxiety with me - I am unable to walk more than 5 feet away without him letting me know that he doesn't like it. I secretly love this and cherish that my boys are "mamas boys" in many ways because I know in 5 years, their needs will change and cuddling might be a pasttime. (sniffle, sniffle) But for now, Harrison still crawls in my lap and lets me snuggle with him all the time, and I enjoy EVERY minute of it (even if he is faking a hurt toe: "mama, my foot's toe hurts" or better yet, today it was: "my, my, um, my (looking around), my SOCK hurts.")























































































































































1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ahhh, precious giraffe and fireman!!! The Slye boys are just so cute! I must say that Emma was jealous of Sloane's onesie about Clark (in Megan's photos)... she was hoping for a date with precious Clark one day! Yay for Clark taking a long nap finally! Emma rarely takes naps longer than 30 minutes for me, but she'll nap for mom from 1-3 hours. Sigh. Love that your boys are momma's boys too. Gotta enjoy snuggling with these babies while we can. :)