Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Trip to GA

Thanksgiving in GA was so much fun! We arrived last Tuesday via Air Tranny. Harrison was the BEST little boy in the world on the plane! He didn't cry a single time! We had to run by Megan's house to pick something up before we headed to Griffin, so we got to put the babies in their "I LOVE SLOANE" and "FUTURE MRS. SLYE" Tshirts! It was hilarious! I think Harrison was feeling a bit intmidated by his older woman, but by the time we left he was in love! :)
On Wednesday, Dad flew up to pick Grandma up in Atlanta. I was soooo excited to see her and introduce her to her 7th Grandson. She can't seem to get away from the boys (she has 4 sons herself!). Grandma was AMAZING with Harrison. At 88, I thought her arms would get tired, but she held and rocked that baby the entire time she was here! She would pull up a chair by his bassinet downstairs and stroke his head (he LOVES this) until he fell asleep. Talk about spoiling a baby!!!! :) David and I thought we were bad!

I was so lucky to see so many of my girlfriends over the past week. And, I have lunch/dinner dates lined up with several more to introduce Harrison to all his aunties who have been awaiting his arrival. It's been SO much fun! Joanna and her parents came to visit the day after Thanksgiving - he slept a lot of the time, but woke up to smile and laugh at Joanna! That evening, several of my girlfriends from elementary school came over. Amanda and Josh brought their 5 month old, Addison, for Harrison to meet. Unfortunately, it was Harrison's feeding time, then bedtime, so he didn't get to snuggle with his woman like he had wanted! I loved seeing my girls, though.... what a fun evening!

On Sunday night, my Mom threw my Dad a fabulous retirement party (we're still waiting on pics from the photographer and then I will post some). Harrison was able to meet so many of their friends - it was so fun to show him off now that he's a little bigger and I feel more comfortable about being out. (I had antibacterial hand sanitizer in my back pocket, though!!!) :)

Monday morning I took David to the airport and Grandma back to her place. It was an EARLY morning... 545am!!! I was sooo sad to see my hubbie leave. Last night I put the phone near Harrison's ear to let David say HI and I swear his eyes lit up - so cute! We'll see Grandma again on Wednesday for lunch with the girls (I love being an LOL - Lady of Leisure!!! HAHA - that all stops when I leave my babysitters!!!).
Monday afternoon, our good friends, Sam and Becky, came over with Sam's twins, Ford and Addie. They are absolutely precious and almost 5 months, so they were cooing and trying their hardest to carry on a conversation the entire time! It's crazy in 3 months Harrison will be as big as Ford - 16 big ones! Harrison just loved hanging out with his new buddies!

Today, Mom and I ventured out in Griffin to run some errands and have lunch. It was so fun being in my home town and seeing how much it's changed! We made all the necessary stops and had J.Henry's famous salmon salad for lunch! What a fabulous day! Tonight, Dad is away for the night hunting, so it's just the girls and Harrison!!!
MORE PICS:
More to come next week, after we get home on the 9th!





Harrison after the flight, on the train in the Atlanta airport - scared to DEATH!


Getting ready for a walk in the cold GA weather!
Harrison and his girlfriend Sloane (aka Cougar #1). She is being so sweet and trying to make him feel welcomed in her home, but Harrison just was not comfortable with an older woman's arm around him.

"Okay, now I'm comfortable with my lady friend! Can you just reach your hand up a little farther and rub my head?"








You are funny, Great-Grandma!


Harrison in his favorite cuddle position with his Great Grandmother, who is the best babysitter in the world!



Auntie Joanna

My Griffin Girls - me, Jan (with Stella, due in April), Amanda (with Addison), Rebecca, Brooke









My little ELF!


Auntie Brooke and Auntie Rebecca!
The Abebes!















After a long nights' sleep, Harrison is full of energy at 7am!
Harrison and one of his girlfriends, Addie (aka Cougar #3), and his new buddy, Ford.











Sam (Aunt Sammy) and me with our little boys, Ford and Harrison


"Wow, my chins match my bald Grandaddy's chins! ...But, at least I have hair!"

















Going shopping with Mom and Grandma in my warm fleece bear outfit!


















No comments: