Monday night I had another big outing to our birthing class. Fortunately, because of my situation, I didn't have to perform all the pelvic tilts and floor exercises that the other pregnant women were doing!!! At the beginning of the class, we split up into Moms and Dads and each group compiled a list of their Best and Worst parts of pregnancy. Ten minutes later, the leader went over what we all had written down. It was no surprise that the Worst list of the Moms were all the symptoms/adverse effects of pregnancy and the Worst list of the Dads' were all the symptoms the Moms had that affected them (i.e. tired, moody, etc.). (GIVE ME A BREAK!) As the instructor went down the list of Worsts for the Dads, she stumbled upon one that only MY wonderful husband could have written down - PERSONAL SERVITUDE!!! HA! It only took one glance at him to know that he was the culprit, as the other men were saying, "yea, I didn't want to be the one to suggest it, but we were so relieved that David did." Immediately, I piped up and said, "well, he SHOULD be my slave - I'm on bedrest" and throughout the room of the 8 other Moms, all you heard was "uh huh, yea, that's right!" So, needless to say, the ice was broken, the line was drawn, and he massaged my neck the rest of class!!! We all got a good laugh out of how absolutely hard it is on our husbands to go through pregnancy. (can you hear my sarcasm?) I just know that it must be so hard for them! The siatica nerve problems, a rib or 2 popping out of place, the bed rest, the bloody noses, the nausea, the aching backs, the stretch marks, swollen feet, heartburn, indigestion, aversions to food and smells, weight gain, the constant trips to the bathroom, the constipation!, the acne, the hormonal changes, the crazy dreams and loss of sleep, and on top of all that - worrying about if you are doing everything right for your baby! Wow - think of what they are dealing with! ;)
So, I was forwarded this T-shirt by one of my dear friends and immediately ordered it for my DARLING husband. I think it fits, what do you think?!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment