Saturday, April 2, 2011

Busy Bee

Harrison has been quite the busy 2 1/2 year old. We've made trips to the zoo, fed the ducks, had lots of fun playdates, went swimming, went to gymnastics class, and played our hearts out at the park. Mommy is exhausted, but for some reason Harrison has decided he doesn't need a nap anymore. It's been a "trying" few weeks in the nap department- I am in the process attempting to reorg his schedule after re-reading several good sleep books and talking with some friends. Keep your fingers crossed this is just a (long) stage!!! David passed his Series 79 Exam with flying colors and celebrated with several awesome margaritas!!! We are so glad he's finished studying, but our weekends have not slowed at all. While I hosted a church picnic last weekend, David played in a fun basketball tourney with some friends (all nearing or over 40). Two of the 12 went home with torn ACLs and the rest were in bed with heating pads the rest of the weekend!!! We did squeeze in a good date night with friends though! This weekend, David, Harry, and the yard man hit the beds outside to revamp our landscaping! Thanks to several hard freezes this year, many plants are still brown! We're hoping to have a weekend of doing absolutely NOTHING soon, but with the baby coming in less than 6 weeks, we're trying to squeeze in everything possible!!! Daddy turned me onto Grape Soda and I LOVE it at the park!!!
Cleaning off my favorite summer toy!

Harrison LOVES music. Harrison LOVES horses and cowboy hats. So when I told him about "cowboy music," he wanted no other!! See below for 3 short clips of Harrison jamming to Big Head Todd, Tim, and Kenny!!! He now requests his cowboy music on every ride.... hey, it's either country music or the dang "Elmo Shapes and Colors" DVD that I'm about to throw out the window!!!! ;)


3 comments:

BabyWhiz said...

Aubrey,
I swear our kids could be twins sometimes....Jaxton has not wanted to take naps for many weeks now...every now and then he does but he says "No nap today"! Let me know if anything works on getting him back to a nap....I think our boys are just growing up and we don't want them too..LOL...take care, Stephanie

meg williams said...

LOVE the videos. so cute!

Brooke said...

OMG the videos are hilarious!! I love that he's so into music! Sugarland better look out!