Brunch at Brennans!
Lisa and myself - I was SO sad to see her go... it was too short, but it meant the WORLD to have her fly in from CO to visit! Miss you Mama!
Adrienne, myself, and Lindsey - we were sad that Rebecca, Amy, and Adrienne S had to miss out on the fun, but ate enough for all of them!!!My sweet girlfriends took me to brunch Saturday to celebrate the little life in my tummy. We met at one of Houston's best restaurants, where I was treated to a 3 course brunch, ending in my all time favorite - a SOUFFLE!!! I was so stuffed that I couldn't even eat dinner and was still full the next morning! Lisa flew in from Denver to celebrate and to bring her new addition - Jacob Ryan Zorn, who is 4 months old and the spitting image of his big brother, Nathan. I honestly felt like I had hit "rewind" while I was with him! Harrison was amazing around him - bringing him "baby toys" and always wanting to hold him. He loved having another little one in the house and constantly was asking, "where's the baby?" He's getting so excited about having a little brother, but I think he might be a little sad that his little brother is going to come out teeny tiny compared to a 4 month old chunky monkey like Jacob!! (Oh, those rolls - I am SO ready for baby season again!) We LOVED having Lisa and Jacob to visit and miss the Zorns sooo much.... :(
I felt a little like I was at Benihana's with the hat on!!! hehe!
The souffle was TO DIE FOR!
Harrison LOVING playing with baby Jacob
I felt a little like I was at Benihana's with the hat on!!! hehe!
The souffle was TO DIE FOR! Harrison continues to be the busy 2.5yr old that he always has been, but I'm REALLY struggling to keep up with him these days. With only a MONTH to go, I am not the best playmate in the world and I've totally been outsted from the "fun mommy" position into the "coddling mommy" position, taking care of booboos from falls, molars, and bad colds, and rubbing backs ALL NIGHT LONG when fever strikes (this weekend - fun stuff). Yesterday, when Harrison put his Jeep in TURBO, I ran as fast as I could to keep up with him, but eventually had to nix the turbo after I realized I was about to go into Labor on the side of the road- talk about Party Pooper Mom!!! :) So, it's been an adjustment having an extra appendage and a 2.5 yr old little boy - hopefully Fun Mommy will make another appearance in a few months!!!! I guess for now, I am going to have to be okay with being #2 choice for playmate?! A hard realization to make....


3 comments:
You look fantastic Aubs! And so does that souffle!! Love and miss you! The countdown is on sister!
i, too, am dying for the souffle! glad you got to hang with lisa and the brunch looked like so much fun. you look amazing - and not even pregnant in the last picture!!! unbelievable! go girl!
Aubrey- I just think Harrison is the cutest little boy ever. :)
Post a Comment