Friday, May 13, 2011

Clark Lancaster Slye has arrived!!




David, Harrison, and I are so happy to announce the birth of Clark Lancaster Slye. On the evening of May 10th, I was sure my water had broken. We called my doctor around midnight, who told us to come on in (she had just delivered another baby). David called his parents to come in and spend the night with Harrison and while we waited on them, my contractions started. When we arrived at the hospital, I found out that my water HAD NOT broken like I had thought, but indeed, I was in full-fledged labor! My labor progressed very fast over the next few hours and after less than 10 minutes of true "laboring," our little sweetheart was born at 6:17am on May 11th! We were stunned to see the scale - 7lbs 9oz and 19.5 inches, exactly what his brother weighed and measured 2 1/2 years ago.











My Mom and Dad arrived to the West Houston Airport later that afternoon and David's parents and Harrison picked them up, then all headed down to meet Clark together. It was an incredibly special moment to see Harrison meet his little brother - one that I will never forget, already filled with so much brotherly love. Harrison has been an angel and has really adapted very well to the changes thus far.











We were released from the hospital a day early to go home and be with big brother and family. We are so thankful to have both sets of parents helping out. Audrey and Harry were amazing, driving over in the middle of the night to stay with Harrison, then entertaining him the entire day after Clark was born, until he got to finally meet his little brother! My parents have been incredible, by being my "night nannies" so I can get a little sleep in between feeds. While Clark is a VERY good baby, I am such a light sleeper and wake to all the little baby noises during the night. They've also been preparing all meals, shopping, cleaning, entertaining, etc. - amazing help! So, I'm enjoying a little shut-eye while I can before they fly back home, which will probably be on Monday. (I can't have Mom tired on her 60th birthday on Tuesday!!!)
Clark after bath on his birthday!

Harrison after bath on his birthday - what a resemblance!


















































Those sweet first moments as a big brother!




















He was so proud and loving...







































































Clark is named after both of his Grandmothers - both Audrey and Jackie's maiden name is Clark - and his Uncle Collin Lancaster Slye, who we miss incredibly and wish was here to meet his nephews.

























The Grandparents!





























































Harrison always wants to hold his "Baby Clark"



































































Tickle Tickle!
































































































































Clark at 2 days old, with auburn hair and a double chin!




4 comments:

Julie and Scott Cooper said...

Congratulations! Clark is precious! I am so glad he is here and everyone is doing great! Sweet pictures of Harrison and Clark together!

Ryan said...

Oh my goodness! He DOES look just like Harrison. What a beautiful baby! I hope he keeps that auburn hair--I love it.
I wish I was there to meet Clark. Big hug and kiss from Denver. I'm so proud of you!

Ryan said...

Last comment was from Lisa, not Ryan. :)

Tara said...

Beautiful!!! Can't wait to meet Mr. Clark!