Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hello, May!

A lot happens in May - My Grandmother turns 91 this Wednesday, my Mom turns 60 on the 17th, school is out for summer, Mother's Day is coming up, and Baby Slye #2 is DUE! May is always an incredibly busy month, but we're in waiting mode for the baby right now. I have officially completed my Jr. League committment for the year, I have scheduled and planned my last big event for my Moms Group, and have wrapped up/delegated year end room mom/school activites. Whew! Now to just make it through the daily chores and committments of wife-dom and motherhood.... while being big as a house!

I have really tried not to complain much about how uncomfortable I am, or how my sciatica is shooting pain down my legs, because I honestly am just thankful to be pregnant and having a child. BUT, come on already. With less than 2 weeks, I am officially as ready as I'll be - final touches will be made on the nursery throughout the month of June - curtains, headboard, and paintings are all a work in progress as we speak. But, everything else is READY! I am now trying to sit back, relax, and let this thing happen!



We cancelled our dinner date night with friends because of a head cold that I came down with Friday - instead, David took Harrison to Toys R Us and bought a few fun games. Remember this Go Fish game from when we were little? I LOVED it and was so excited when they came home with it - this is what my Saturday night consisted of!


To cool for school.... but, at least now he knows not to put the dang thing in turbo - you would have died if you'd seen me chasing/waddling after him a few weeks ago when he was going mock-10 down our street.




Watching the polo ponies at the Houston Polo Club







Best Buds










Polo is entertaining for a 2 1/2 year old for about 20 minutes....











The fun part was stomping the divets and petting the horses between games!












1 comment:

Tara said...

hey woman! i have been thinking about you, i hope you are doing well...you certainly don't have long to go...hang in there! i am so excited for ya and can't wait to meet the new arrival!