Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Patiently awaiting the arrival of our babies!

Last night I spoke with my best friend who was admitted into L&D to be induced this morning!! She's currently in labor as I'm writing this. It's so hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that our lives are about to completely change. By tonight, she will have a beautiful little girl named Sloane Ellis, who will be totally dependent on her for nourishment, shelter, clothing, and love. From here on out, our decisions will be made based on the new little person in our lives rather than ourselves.

It really makes me think about how much my life really is about to change. David and I have truly cherished our time together recently because we both know that the biggest change we've ever had is about to happen in a few weeks. The anticipation is so great for both of us. I smile when I see him walk over to the swing, turn it on, and just watch it swing, and I know he's so ready to meet his little boy. My nesting instinct kicked in about 2 weeks ago, as I found myself cloroxing the refrigerater. Since then, I've cleaned out 2 bedroom closets, the coat closet, organized all my photos, and rearraged/bought some furniture. (ofcourse I've done most of this with the help from others) I guess it's my way of being orderly when complete chaos is coming my way!

This Friday, at 9 months, I will stop taking my Procardia XL for contractions. This drug relaxes the smooth muscle in the uterus, which slows/stops contractions. We are very interested to see if my contractions will come back with avengence, sending me into labor within a few days or if the process will take a little longer. I wish I knew what to expect, but the only thing I know for sure is within the next few weeks, Harrison will arrive!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Bet you're getting excited, especially now that Sloane is here!!!! Thanks so much for keeping up with the blog - it is so fun to read!

Love,
Tracey