Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Waiting Game

Late this afternoon, I had an appointment with my OB and was able to determine a little more about what our near future holds for the Slye Fam! I am about 80% effaced and still having sporadic contractions that don't hurt, but I haven't dialted yet. On one hand, I was disappointed because I'm ready to meet Mr. Harrison, but on the other hand, I want him to gain as much weight in my belly, for as long as possible. Damla said that she would induce me if I really wanted, but not until closer to 39 weeks. She feels that it would not be risky at all for me to go full term, so why should we mess with nature and possibly deprive him of an extra week or two of development in the womb. David and I met for dinner and discussed our options and ultimately decided that we are waiting this out! Damla and her hubby are going on vaca on October 2nd, so if Harrison doesn't come by then we will induce before she leaves. But, right now we're waiting for labor to set in naturally.

I would love for him to be here for selfish reasons, but when I think about what is absolutely best for the baby, I know it's to keep him gaining weight and developing for as long as possible!

No comments: