Friday evening, there were a few gatherings at different homes in the neighborhood. At the final house we went to, I received the BEST PREGNANCY COMMENT YET! Seriously - this is called going out with a BANG!
Drunken uncle of the birthday girl says to me:
"I told your husband that it looks like you were having twins in there, but I don't know... It might even be a SMALL CALF!!!!!!!!"
Seriously - ARE YOU RETARDED or just SOCIALLY STUPID? WHO SAYS THAT???!!!!??? Blood rushed to my face and I could see David eyeing me, hoping I didn't go complete bonkers on this guys. He slowly put his arm around me and got me out of that situation very quickly!!! I knew one of us was about to punch this guys lights out, and i was READY for action!
Saturday was filled with clean-up and getting our bedroom somewhat back to normal. We had the carpet cleaners come Saturday morning to clean the entire upstairs, in addition to the spot that had water damage. Never in my life have I met 2 guys who were the epitomy of PCB or Bust (Panama City Beach or Bust)!!! After dirtying our carpet more (yes, they wore black soled boots on our carpet), we watched them like hawks then sent them packing!
Sat. afternoon, I headed to Sears to pick up David's pushing present....

He's enamored with it, let me tell you! ;)
Despite my 3 mile walks, spicy food, Raspbery Leaf Tea, squats, and prayers, Harrison is still tucked away. Saturday night I met some gals out to shower my girlfriend Sherri with lingere and to celebrate her last days of being somewhat single... we celebrated at a Mexican restaurant and I even loaded up on jalapenos (eewwww!). I started contracting a lot during dinner, so when I got home, I gave David two options - we clean the entire upstairs or go walking.... gotta keep these contractions growing.... STILL NOTHING! :0
So, after Mexican, jalapenos, and another long walk this morning, my fingers and toes resemble
Hopefully with a little lemon water we'll be back to normal tonight.... keep your fingers crossed for labor pains tonight!

2 comments:
hilarious! i just love your blog updates.
i cannot believe someone told you you looked like you were having a small calf. don't listen to that -- you look amazing!
i almost kicked his a*s - seriously.
Post a Comment