Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Perinatologist's Appt/ Lisa and Ryan's new babe!

On Monday, we went to our final visit with our high risk OB, who released us with a clean bill of health! He measured Harrison at 6lbs. 7 oz. (give or take a few), and confirmed all fingers, toes and mature lungs. YAY! Dr. Kirshon also informed us that, from the ultrasound, I'm over 60% effaced and 1 cm dilated. There's no telling when Harrison is going to decide to come - it could be this week or 3 weeks from now! He did recommend inducing me at 38 weeks (next Friday) because the longer I go and the bigger the baby gets, the more risky it becomes for a subsequent bleed. I will see my OB on Friday and she will be the one to make the final call on when and if I should be induced.

With the hurricane coming and a full moon on the 15th, I'm hoping that my body will respond naturally and I'll go right on into labor! We will see!


Lisa, Ryan, and Nathan


I've been so lucky to have 2 of my good friends pregnant with me at the same time. Everyday, I found myself talking to one (or both) of them for the past 9 months! Megan's delivered Sloane and on Saturday, Lisa had her baby boy, Nathan, by C Section! Lisa and I were 2 weeks apart, so Nathan came a little bit early (38 weeks), but is a healthy 6lb 6oz baby boy!
I guess this means that I'm next - and hopefully that will happen next week!

The Zorns! Nathan scared us on Saturday morning... Lisa noticed that he wasn't moving after her morning OJ, so she was instructed to go to L&D for an ultrasound and monitoring. The heartbeat was fine, and she could see him on the ultrasound, but a few minutes later was told that they were going to have to do an emergency C Section. Her amniotic fluid was a dangerous 1.5, where normal is between 8-20. At 2:30 that afternoon, she was on the table and her little boy was welcomed to the world!
Introducing the boys! Wait - that's what's inside me right now!!!!
Yes, David, we are REALLY going to have one of these pretty soon!

No comments: